Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday’s Fact

Check in each Friday for your weekly Get College Smart Fact.

fisher-price-tmx-tickle-me-elmo Photo from Tickle Me Elmo TMX

Did you own a Tickle Me Elmo as a child?  If so, you might be a member of the class of 2015, according to Beloit College’s MindList, an annual publication that gives insight into the world the current freshman class has known.  By the way, your parents probably stood in long lines at the toy store around the holidays, surrounded by other cranky parents, to make sure you had that Tickle Me Elmo (gotta love mom & dad – give them a call and say thanks).

At the risk of giving away my age, I can tell you that the Tickle Me Elmo of my generation was the Cabbage Patch Doll.  (Any guesses as to which class I graduated in???).  My mother bought me one but waited until the craze died down.  I’m pretty sure my Karen Sue doll is still sitting somewhere in my parents’ house, worn out and well loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think. We'd love to hear from you!